You Need To Do This!
Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems is the world’s leading provider of airplay tracking for the entertainment industry. Employing a patented digital pattern recognition technology, Nielsen BDS captures in excess of 100 million song detections annually on more than 1,200 radio stations in over 130 markets in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and 22 Canadian markets.
Radio formats monitored include Adult Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Album Rock, Classic Rock, Contemporary Christian, Country, Light AC, Modern Rock, Oldies, R&B (including Rap and Hip Hop), Spanish (including Latin Contemporary, Regional Mexican and Tropical Salsa), and Top 40. Additionally, Nielsen BDS monitors 7 U.S. Music Video Channels and 9 Canadian Video Channels.
Executives from all facets of record companies, radio stations, publishing firms, performance rights organizations, music retailers, independent promoters, film and TV, and artist management are among those who query more than 10,000 reports daily from Nielsen BDS products - ENcore, BDSRadio.com, BDSexpress.com and BDS RealTime.
Nielsen BDS information is utilized exclusively by Billboard, Airplay Monitor and Canadian Music Network magazines in determining their radio airplay music charts.
1. Send all mixes of your single releases (preferably on CD) to:
8100 N.W. 101st Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153
Attn: Encoding Department
2. To ensure prompt completion, please provide the following information with your product:
- Artist Name
- Song titles with specific mix names, if applicable (i.e. extended dance mix)
- Radio Format(s)
- Contact Information
- When sending an entire album, please specify priority tracks to be encoded!
3. Fill out the form located online here: http://www.bdsonline.com/forms/mediaform.pdf, submit and keep a copy for your own records.
4. For more information, check out www.bdsonline.com.