Annual General Meeting 2020
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE & AGENDA
Sunday, June 28, 2020, 11am (Sask time)
Via online meeting
A link to register for the meeting will be sent directly to members at a later date.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association (SaskMusic) covering the period of April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020 will be held on Sunday, June 28, 2020 online. You must be an Individual, Band or Corporate Member of SaskMusic to vote on any motions presented during this meeting. However, youth members, guests of members, and non-members are welcome to attend this virtual event.
The main items of business to be dealt with at this Annual General Meeting are noted on the Agenda below.
There are six positions to be filled on the SaskMusic Board (each position is a 2-year term). A digital nomination form must be received at SaskMusic before 5pm June 17, 2020 in order for a Nominee to be included in the advance online voting process.
If we receive more than 6 nominations by the deadline, online voting will commence shortly following the deadline. While we will still accept board nominations from the ‘virtual floor’ during the AGM, we encourage all interested candidates to submit their advance nomination form before the deadline, as anyone nominated from the ‘virtual floor’ on June 28 will only be able to receive votes from members present during the online AGM who have not already voted.
Members may vote in advance or on June 28 during the AGM, but not both. All votes will be combined to determine the final election results.
Online nomination form: https://saskmusic.wufoo.com/forms/zilauxi1s8p7lo/
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ EXPECTATIONS
If you would like to be more involved in the Saskatchewan music industry and contribute directly to the growth of SaskMusic, please consider running for a position on our Board of Directors.
Nominees, and one nominator for each nominee, must hold a Individual, Band, or Corporate membership that is not expiring before June 28/2020. Please contact SaskMusic if you have any questions about this process, 1-800-347-0676 or email.
Directors should be experienced, active and enthusiastic about the music industry. Our Board makes policy for and develops the strategic direction of SaskMusic. These are volunteer positions, however, expenses are covered for out-of-town duties or participation.
Knowledge of board governance and non-profit organizations would be helpful, but is not necessary. There are six Director positions open for election at this AGM. Each position is a two-year term. The commitments requested of a Director vary year to year, but generally include:
- 4-8 board meetings per year (which can be attended in person, or by phone or video conference);
- Must be readily accessible by phone/email.
- Attendance at our events as much as possible (ie workshops, Very Prairie), and commitment to volunteer at 1-2 events per year (setup, door duties etc);
- Occasional committee meetings as required (each Director sits on 1-2 committees);
- One in-person strategic planning weekend, usually held in the winter;
- Attendance if possible at the 2021 AGM;
We seek diversity and encourage board participation from all eligible SaskMusic members throughout Saskatchewan. We invite interest from candidates representing many different levels and types of industry experience; and those who reflect the diversity of Saskatchewan including age, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation.
Our last Annual Report is available online (PDF). The Annual Report 2019-2020 will be presented at, or in advance of, this AGM.
Please contact our office if you’d like more information about running for, or nominating someone for, the board or about the AGM.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
Sunday, June 28, 2020, 11:00am
1. Call to order and explanation of online meeting protocols
2. Introduction of Board and Staff
3. Agenda: Amendments; discussion; motion to approve
4. Minutes from the June 2019 AGM: Discussion; motion to approve
5. Annual Report
- President’s Report, discussion and questions
- Executive Director’s Report, discussion and questions
- Motion to approve reports
6. Financial Statements and Treasurer’s Report
- Discussion and questions
- Motion to approve report
- Motion to appoint auditor for 2020-2021
7. Voting: Board of Directors Election
- Explanation of Process
- Election of Board: Six open positions.
- List of those nominated in advance.
- Call for new nominations x3
- Voting on board (only required if those members present have not yet voted).
- Announce results (advance voting + in person voting)
- Acknowledgement of any outgoing Directors.
8. General Business / Questions From floor
9. Motion to Adjourn