We want to know what you've got going on! If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add email@example.com to your fan or industry email subscriber lists
- Make sure you have an artist profile here in our Directory and upload items to populate your profile (also applies to studios and music businesses).
Just login to your account here (or Join, for as little as "free"), then add songs, videos, news releases and descriptions. This content feeds into various areas of our website!
- We prefer to receive physical albums so they can go into our record library, but we'll accept digital albums (download links) accompanied by a one-sheet, high-resolution artwork and a credits page. Our mailing address is 1831 College Ave., Regina, S4P 4V5.
Here's a simple submission form.
Featured Videos, Singles, and Albums in the SaskMusic E-Release or social media
Have you recently released an official single, music video, or album, any genre? You do not need to be a member of SaskMusic, although we reserve the right to prioritize members in promotions. The selection of features is at the sole discretion of SaskMusic staff and will be based on quantity and quality of submissions, and a rotating diversity of genres.
We collect information on all known releases and will try to feature as many high-quality submissions as possible. Not all releases submitted will be featured. Please let us know your release date and/or other activities so we can tie posts into your activities when possible.
Note: To promote as many different artists as possible we will restrict promotions of any one artist (ie if you already had a featured video, you can't have a featured single in the same 3 month window). Exceptions will be made where the artist has been selected for official showcases, SaskMusic events or other newsworthy/key events.
Singles (Audio only): Should be a recently released single which the artist is currently promoting (i.e. to commercial radio, or something that's a focus track for the artist).
- Please email us the MP3 or provide a download link for the song. We require your permission to post the song in our radio player as a streaming file. OR, add the song directly into your Sask Music Directory listing.
- A promotional photo of the artist
- Link to the artist's main webpage (preferably not just a Facebook page)
Videos: Should be a recently released "single" professional quality video which the artist is currently promoting, whether live concert, livingroom session or storyboard format. We are not promoting video blogs, lyric videos, or teaser videos at this time.
- A link to somewhere the video may be viewed by the public (i.e. YouTube or Vimeo)
- Link to the artist's main webpage (preferably not just a Facebook page)
We select in advance, so let us know your release dates as soon as possible to get onto the consideration list.
Album Releases: See The Session below.
Please submit your news and albums for our magazine, The Session. Physical issues go to the music industry in Saskatchewan and nationally, and digital issues to the general public.
Artist and studio news are included in The Buzz column, and can include a photo and your main web address. Are you going into the studio? Got a big tour planned? Win an award, get selected for a showcase, add a new band member? Give us the scoop.
New album releases for The Session. We require a physical or digital copy of your entire album which will go into our music library following inclusion; a one-sheet or short write-up about the album (6-8 sentences), and list of credits, if they aren't on the packaging. Once this information is received we will put it in holding for the next issue of The Session. You may be selected for promotions on our social media, included in our year-end "Saskatchewan releases" list, etc.
Other news: Workshops that are music-centred or of interest to musicians or the music industry will also be included.
Please note SaskMusic member items are published first, and then non-members as space permits.
Cover Artist interviews and Spotlights (mini interviews with emerging artists and music businesses): Please contact us with information on why you would make a great story; sending a cover letter/pitch, background on the artist and/or a website link where same can be found, and indicating if you have a quantity of high quality photographs available.
For the Featured Artist interview, which is quite lengthy, we prefer to time placement of an artist to an upcoming tour, album release or other major event in the artist's career. If you don't have anything currently going on that is new and newsworthy, we suggest you wait to submit for Featured Artist. Please check out previous Featured Artist articles for an idea of what we're looking for.
Mark it as "Featured Artist consideration" and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Release Content Policy
Our e-release distributes news and opportunity deadlines (and especially SaskMusic news and events) of importance and/or that due to timing cannot get into The Session. It also includes classified ads, job postings, etc. As much information as possible changes from e-release to e-release, thus we don’t post deadlines too far in advance, and try to run pieces only 2 issues in a row maximum (or update them with new info). Its subscriber list includes not only members but music fans, professionals and basically anyone who wants to be included – from Saskatchewan.
What usually goes in:
Upcoming workshops of SaskMusic or other presenters’ (as soon as we know about them), including any workshops that have a music component or may be of interest to artists, i.e. creative writing, taxation for artists.
SaskMusic announcements such as:
- new grant programs/deadlines
- events, including projects where SaskMusic is a partner and identified as such
- staff hires
- holiday hours
- calls for information
- SaskMusic press releases
- call for juries
News from other associations especially time-sensitive information such as:
- Renew your CARAS membership by January 30 to receive voting rights for this year’s Junos!
- SCMA is looking for volunteers
- Major announcements from conferences (i.e. keynote speakers) such as WCMA,
Major advocacy news such as:
- updates on Status of the Artist
- major copyright law changes
- provincial government announcements that affect artists
- any kinds of public meetings or call for public input/surveys
Deadlined events such as: (usually run two issues before deadline)
- songwriting competitions
- showcase opportunities
- voting/award submission deadlines
- deadlines for camps
- early-bird ticket deadlines for festivals (i.e. Regina Folk Festival)
- upcoming funding deadlines
"Big happy news” such as that sent in our press releases (must be big enough to warrant running in e-release and not waiting for Session)
- artists accepted for major showcases
- artists winning awards
- other major accomplishments
Time-sensitive artist announcements that are NOT a live gig. These items are SOLELY at the discretion of staff and we may deny placement for any reason. These may be acceptable examples:
- artist being broadcast on TV/Radio (“Tune in to watch/listen Canada AM on Wednesday”)
- volunteers wanted for video shoot "this weekend"
- “grand opening” announcement – ONLY for businesses directly involved in music, i.e. a music store, a studio, etc. and ONLY the erelease immediately prior to the opening date. “Sales” will not be included.
Live gigs are not generally included in the e-release except as samples. We refer people to the full calendar on our website. EXCEPTION: A charity benefit concert, especially where several groups/organizations are working together, may receive extra promo in the e-release.
Cultural careers – any career postings that fall broadly in the area of culture.
Member Offers and Classifieds: Note. Bands looking for new members, etc. publish ONLY under the classified section of the e-release. This section may be also be used to promote business interested in the following cases ONLY:
- ongoing or limited time offer discounts for SaskMusic members ONLY. i.e. “SaskMusic Members receive 20% off studio time if booked in May”. There must be a unique benefit to our members (and not the general public) to be included here.
- Draws for free goods, only if no purchase necessary.
This generally is published in the Session, and NOT in erelease (not time-sensitive):
- staff hires at other organizations
- general industry/big picture industry developments
- regular artist news, i.e. Bands leaving on tour, artists releasing singles and/or recording, where CDs are available
This is not accepted in the e-release:
Commercial news of any kind where the purpose is the promotion of the business’ services, directly or indirectly, except the cases noted above. (Businesses have the option of purchasing advertising in the e-release, and updates of general interest to the membership MAY be included in The Session).
- businesses relocating
- upgrades to equipment/facilities
- regular sales
Anything pertaining to a live gig – i.e. an artist’s CD release party. These are listed ONLY in our Events Calendar. (Artists have the option of purchase advertising in the e-release, and updates of this nature (i.e. CD release) will often be mentioned in The Session). EXCEPTION: A charity benefit concert, especially where several groups/organizations are working together, may receive extra promo in the e-release.
E-Bullet Content Policy
The purpose of the e-bullet is mainly to address time-sensitive events and issues that cannot wait for the next e-release. The majority of the time, an e-bullet is sent to remind/promote a SaskMusic deadline or event a few days before the date. Only one or two items are usually included and it is kept focused.
To avoid excessive messaging/spamming to our members, we only send e-bullets when absolutely necessary and so that members are usually receiving no more than one message from SaskMusic in a week.
The following are other examples that could necessitate sending an e-bullet.
- FACTOR deadlines are announced and there is a deadline occurring before the next e-release
- Reminder to renew CARAS membership in order to vote for Junos (would be done upon request of CARAS)
- Holiday greetings (stand-alone message)
- SaskMusic press releases
- Deadlines that are not for a while, but are for a very important event and we want to give members additional notice to prepare
- Announcement of a SaskMusic program where we want to give it special focus, in its own sendout
The National version distributes focused news to a VIP list of national industry professionals and subscribers. It is distributed approximately monthly, but is only sent as needed.
What goes in, as a rule, is only the most important news from Saskatchewan that would be of interest to national industry professionals, such as our press releases and Saskatchewan showcase listings.
They may include:
- Saskatchewan At (and/or SaskMusic Notes): A piece of major news from SaskMusic (i.e. promoting our hosting of a showcase, announcing a new funding deadline, award noms for our artists, major tour announcements, new staff hire/new board members). And/or we may be promoting the Saskatchewan artists appearing at an upcoming conference/festival. If there is little news, we might instead include news such as a JUNO voting deadline.
- Events: Major industry events (national/international and Saskatchewan) happening in the next 2 months
- Saskatchewan Artists on Tour: A listing, by province, of all Saskatchewan artist performance dates across Canada for the next 2 months with links. (if the listing gets too large eventually we will just link the calendar on our site).