Who We Are
SaskMusic is a non-profit, member-based association that represents, promotes and develops the artists and music industry of Saskatchewan, Canada. We offer one-on-one guidance, workshops, marketing and export assistance, career development opportunities, peer sessions, artist and business listings, and more. From songwriters and freelance musicians to studios, we work with artists and industry members from across our province, in an extensive range of genres and skill levels. SaskMusic is a source of information and resources for both the public, and the music industry.
If you have questions, we want to help. Click here to subscribe to our free e-release for the Saskatchewan music scene. Individual memberships are available for $50 annually with other options available at the link.
SaskMusic (also formerly known as the Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association, SRIA) represents the four components of the music and sound recording industries and community of Saskatchewan:
- Creation: songwriters, lyricists, composers, and writers/directors
- Interpretation: musicians, vocalists, arrangers, conductors, and producers
- Technical: sound engineers, stage hands, tour support staff, studios, and computer technologists
- Administration and Delivery: managers, promoters, lawyers, marketing directors, record labels, music publishers, accountants, retail, media, venues, multi-media, agents, film and video producers, media duplicators, graphic artists, publicists, photographers, and distributors
- We envision a future where our music industry is vigorously healthy, progressive, and musically & culturally diverse;
- Where its value and quality is acknowledged with pride at home, and with acclaim beyond our borders;
- And where all benefit from Saskatchewan music.
SaskMusic stimulates the growth and development of the Saskatchewan music industry through leadership, promotion, training, advocacy, and partnership.
- Saskatchewan's music industry has enormous creative talent;
- Music industry professionals are entitled to fair and equitable compensation;
- Music is an integral part of Saskatchewan's cultural identity;
- Saskatchewan's music industry has the capability to succeed on a global scale;
- The music industry is a major contributor to Saskatchewan's economic development.