Signup to receive a subscription to the SaskMusic E-release, and be able to submit your upcoming live performance dates, press releases, and basic listings for the Saskatchewan Music Directory (Sask. residents only). You can always decide to upgrade to a paid membership later on.
Paid Membership Categories:
All paid memberships begin on the day we receive payment, and continue for 365 days.
- Individual Membership $50/year
- Youth Individual Membership (for those 19 years of age and under) $30/year
- Band Membership $75/year. Allows you to add a second person on to your membership. You'll each receive the benefits of an Individual Membership, but you'll save a few bucks.
- Corporate Membership $100/year. This one is for companies who have an office in Saskatchewan. Two representatives of the corporation will receive full membership benefits, including voting eligibility.
Paid membership benefits include:
- Advice. To make getting ahead easier, we offer numerous opportunities including workshops and personal career consultations (“Career Tracks”) throughout the province. We’re here to answers questions about your personal career, and the music industry in general, and have offices in both Regina and Saskatoon. Members can book consultations as needed or simply give us a call when you’ve got a burning question.
- Funding. SaskMusic is the provincial representative for national funding organization, FACTOR (The Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings), and can offer guidance with applications to other agencies.
- Information. Our highly acclaimed newsletter, The Session, provides news, information on local, national and international organizations and events, performance opportunities, tips, interviews, and articles on business and creative topics.
- Advocacy. We represent the Saskatchewan music industry’s interests to a wide variety of provincial and national panels and stakeholder groups. We speak for your interests and update you on information that could affect you and your career.
- Opportunities. Networking, a great festival and informative sessions about the music industry, topped off with an awards show applauding prairie talent: It’s the Western Canadian Music Awards. As a member, you can attend, nominate and vote (and perhaps even win…)
- Promotion. Our website is one of the most extensive in the Canadian music industry, and garnering almost a million page views every year, it’s a great place to discover Saskatchewan artists, music news, events, indie tips, opportunities and more. Members receive access to the members-only areas of the site, and enhanced profile listings in the Saskatchewan Music Directory. You also receive expanded gig and events listings in our Events Calendar!
- E-Release. Every two weeks we let you know about the latest news, opportunities and job postings in Saskatchewan music. Stay in the loop just by opening your inbox.
- Discounts. Receive discounts on any workshops, events or performance opportunities presented by SaskMusic.
- A Voice. Members receive nomination and voting eligibility for the SaskMusic Board of Directors.