FREE AND PAID CATEGORIES
Create an account and sign up for a subscription to our SaskMusic E-release, and you'll also able to submit your upcoming live performance dates, press releases, and listings for the Saskatchewan Music Directory (Sask. residents only). You can always upgrade to a paid membership later on if you wish.
Paid Membership Categories:
All paid memberships begin on the day we receive payment, and continue for 365 days.
- Individual Membership $50/year
- Youth Individual Membership (for those 19 years of age and under) $30/year
- Band Membership $75/year. Allows you to add a second person on to your membership. You'll both receive the benefits of an Individual Membership, but you'll save a few bucks.
- Corporate Membership $100/year. This one is for companies who have an office in Saskatchewan. Two representatives of the corporation will receive full membership benefits, including voting eligibility.
Paid membership benefits include:
- Advice. We offer numerous opportunities to learn, including one-on-one meetings (Career Tracks). We’re here to answer your questions about your own path and/or the music industry, with offices in both Regina and Saskatoon. We're also available by phone, video chat or email. Members can book as many hour-long sessions as needed with our mentors, or simply give us a call when you’ve got a burning question.
- Workshops. We present a variety of music workshops/seminars that cover information you NEED to know! Members get in free or at a huge discount. As of 2017, sessions are available as webinars or online videos so you can access the content from wherever you are.
- Funding Tips. SaskMusic is the provincial representative for national funding organization FACTOR (The Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings), and can offer guidance with applications to other agencies.
- Information. Our highly acclaimed newsletter, The Session, provides news, information on local, national and international organizations and events, performance opportunities, tips, interviews, and articles on business and creative topics.
- Advocacy. We represent the Saskatchewan music industry’s interests to a wide variety of provincial and national panels and stakeholder groups. We speak for your interests and update you on information that could affect you and your career.
- Opportunities. Networking, a great festival and informative sessions about the music industry, topped off with an awards show applauding prairie talent: It’s the Western Canadian Music Awards. As a member, you can submit, attend, nominate and vote (and perhaps even win…)
- Promotion. Our website is jam-packed with content, and garnering almost a million page views annually, it’s a great place to discover Saskatchewan artists, music news, events, indie tips, opportunities and more. Members receive access to the members-only areas of the site, and expanded profile listings in the Saskatchewan Music Directory. You also receive expanded gig and events listings in our Saskatchewan Events Calendar!
- E-Release. Every month we let you know about the latest news, opportunities and job postings in Saskatchewan music. Stay in the loop just by opening your inbox.
- Discounts. Apply for SaskMusic export missions and other major opportunities for free, or at huge discounts.
- A Voice. Members receive nomination and voting eligibility for the SaskMusic Board of Directors. Get involved!
- More info on these benefits can also be found here.
Our summer Member Drive ended July 31, 2017.
Draws have been made and winners contacted. Check your inbox!
We reserve the right to award prizes to the next person drawn if the winner does not reply to or acknowledge our draw notification emails within 30 days of initial notification.
|Member Drive earning actions ending July 31, 2017||Prize Entries Earned**|
|Youth/Individual Memberships: Purchase a new membership (below), renew your existing one, or currently hold one*||10|
|Band/Corporate Memberships: Purchase a new membership (below), renew your existing one, or currently hold one*||15|
|Become a new subscriber to the SaskMusic e-release (below)*||2|
|A friend you referred signs up as a new e-release subscriber**||2|
|A friend you referred signs up as a member, any level**||10|
|Submit or update your listing in the Saskatchewan Music Directory***
(just login to your new/existing account to do this)
|Post/share our membership drive graphic on your FB, Twitter or Instagram - and tag us**** (click graphics above for full-size versions)||2|
Entries accumulate! e.g. Renew your Individual membership (10), 5 friends you referred sign up for the e-release (10), plus one other friend purchases a membership (10), you update your Directory listing (2), and post our membership graphic on your Twitter feed twice (4), you’ve earned 36 entries!
Over $2500 in prizes will be drawn for, including:
- Apple iPad Pro 9.7" 128GB with Wi-Fi – Silver (value $955)
- Audio-Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt Driven Turntable (value $175)
- A 5-years SaskMusic Individual membership (value $250)
- $500 gift certificate to the local music equipment or record store of your choice
- 2 x $100 Music Books Plus gift certificates
- 5 x $50 iTunes gift certificates
- 5 x $50 Spotify gift certificates (AMENDED to: winner's choice of either $50 Music Books Plus or $50 iTunes gift certificate due to Spotify gift card limitations)
PLUS everyone who accumulates 35+ entries will automatically earn a free SaskMusic t-shirt of their choice! The top entries earner overall will receive a special SaskMusic merch prize package.
The fine print
Draws will be conducted after July 31, 2017. Your odds of winning a prize will be dependent on total number of entries accumulated by everyone participating in this promotion over the period May 1-July 31, 2017. Entries will be eligible for all draws. Open to Canadian residents only. SaskMusic Board and staff at time of draw are ineligible for prizing. Void where prohibited by law.
- * If you’re a member - or renewing - you don’t have to do anything extra; we’ll record your points automatically. If you’re a new member/subscriber, just enter the name(s) of people who encouraged you to join SaskMusic in the “Referred by” field, so we can credit them with entries as well.
- ** You don’t have to do anything, the person signing up should put your name in the Referred By field on the form, and we’ll credit you with your entries.
- *** You don’t have to do anything, after you’ve submitted an entry or update one we’ll automatically record your entries earned.
- **** Just make sure to tag SaskMusic so we see it and can credit you with your entries.
- If you sign up for an Individual membership, and a friend you refer also signs up for membership, yep! you earn 20 entries.
- You don’t have to be a member yourself in order to earn friend referral entries!
- There’s no limit to the amount of entries you can earn – but we do reserve the right to check the authenticity of signups/referrals.
Any questions? Please call us, 1-800-347-0676 in Sask, or 306-347-0676 outside of Sask; or email email@example.com.