MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
SASKATCHEWAN JAZZ FESTIVAL INC. (SASKATOON, SK)
Start Date: February 2023
Location: Saskatoon, Sask., Located on Treaty 6 territory, which includes the Nêhiyawak (Cree) as original signatories and is the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation. We also acknowledge the contributions of the Dakota and Round Prairie Métis peoples in establishing our city of Saskatoon and we extend our appreciation for the opportunity to live, work, and create on this beautiful territory
Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. (SJF) is seeking to fill the position of part time Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working collaboratively with the Operations & Program Manager, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator plans and executes market appropriate communications, promotions and advertising for the Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. (SJF). In alignment with SJF’s mandate, strategic pillars, and resources this position will focus on festival visibility, sponsorship fulfillment, and audience engagement, with an aim to drive gate through the use of diverse and strategic media.
The position is equivalent to .60 of full time (1235 hours annually). Hours of work for this position are flexible and will vary throughout the year in accordance with SJF’s needs. The work location is flexible and can occur on or offsite of the SJF office.
SJF presents Saskatchewan’s premier music event, the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival. This international jazz festival fosters, promotes, and presents an artistically significant festival of jazz and related music annually. The festival provides opportunities to showcase Saskatchewan musicians and educational experiences for the people of Saskatchewan.
The first festival took place in Saskatoon during the summer of 1987. Today it has become the second largest festival of its kind in Western Canada and each summer the SJF plays host to hundreds of world class artists in Saskatoon. Thousands of music fans attend to devour the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop, and world music, with a program that spans as many genres as it does continents.
The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. prioritizes respect as a key tenant of our staff culture and strives to create a work environment in which all employees are respected, encouraged, and valued for their individual contributions.
SJF is looking for an individual who can help the festival and organization grow in a manner that ensures inclusivity, financial sustainability, high-quality performances, and fosters community ownership and impact. The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Executive Director, to create and deliver on strategic marketing and communication plans;
- use various marketing and analytics to create positive public awareness of SJF events, and to ensure the continued support and growth of SJF, and
- use multiple communication channels to promote SJF’s brand, increase Festival awareness, promote artists and maintain a regular presence with the community to deepen community ownership and impact.
- use the aforementioned skills to ensure quality fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements and increase sponsor engagement through VIP & Sponsor events.
The SJF is a not-for-profit and the Marketing and Communications Coordinator must work successfully with a wide variety of people and organizations in various capacities.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is expected to achieve their required outcomes while keeping the best interests of the festival, festival staff, volunteers, board, partners, and the community at the core of their decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of social media/online marketing and analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, Shopify, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Wufoo, and Canva.
- Superior spelling and grammar
- Proficient computer skills;
- Graphic Design skills are an asset
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations and an interest in the music industry are assets.
- Salary range: $33K – 42K (Full time equivalent range of 55K - $70K)
- Must be bondable and obtain a criminal record check prior to commencing work.
- Employees of the Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. may not perform as an artist, technician, manager, or agent during the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival or any additional programming presented by the SJF. With approval of the Executive Director, employees may participate in these activities at other festivals or venues, provided their participation does not conflict with the required outcomes of their employment.
- Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.
Email your application to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website at www.saskjazz.com or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Apply early, interviews will begin in January 2023. We thank all who apply for the position which will close on February 3, 2023.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.