Indigenous Music Coordinator: Project Contract
October 19, 2020 in SaskMusic News
Indigenous Music Coordinator
Contract position (Part time hours, November 2020-January 2021)
Based in: Saskatchewan (This will be a work-from-home position with support to set up technology/systems)
Start date: ASAP
Applications will close November 4/2020 or when the position has been filled.
SaskMusic is a member-based, non-profit association that represents, promotes and develops the commercial music industry of Saskatchewan. We work to bring Saskatchewan music to the people of our province, Canada, and the world. We assist those working in music in all genres from all across Saskatchewan, and collaborate with a network of partners across Canada.
The position of Indigenous Music Coordinator, under the supervision of the Saskatoon Program Manager, will handle Indigenous music market development initiatives, with a specific focus on upcoming video showcase opportunities, the Very Prairie music summit, and other resources.
This is a part-time, project-based contract position with flexible hours in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate has music industry experience, is committed to contributing to the growth of the music industry in the province, has solid computer skills, and is an organized self-starter. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for the arts and is committed to helping Saskatchewan music thrive.
As this work is project-based, we will work with the candidate to come up with a work schedule, however, some evenings and weekends will be required for events. The position will require the candidate to have access to a high-speed internet connection.
- Coordinate and administrate Indigenous music market development initiatives, including upcoming video showcase opportunities, training, networking and outreach initiatives for a specific project
- Identifying Indigenous artists from across Saskatchewan and assessing needs for professional and market development
- Project management, delivery, and evaluating results
- Assisting with member consultations and outreach
- Other duties as assigned pertaining to and related to the project
- Knowledge of and connection to Indigenous music, communities, and culture
- Musician or previous arts/music-related experience desirable
- Ability to manage an event or project
- Self-starter with good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to creatively problem-solve
- Valid drivers’ license
- Experience working/volunteering with non-profit organizations would be an asset
Pay scale: $8,500 contract position (hours and terms to be negotiated)
Direct all inquiries for this position to: Indigenous Music Consultant Position, Attn. Michael Dawson, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 306-347-0676. Please submit resumes with cover page to email@example.com.
While we thank all interested applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity drives the creative spirit.
SaskMusic is committed to representing music industry members of our province across race, gender identity, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation. We believe a broad mix of minds, musical styles, cultural backgrounds and individual experiences makes for a stronger industry. As a membership organization, we strive to encourage, support, and celebrate the many voices of our community, with intentional strategies to welcome engagement from historically marginalized identities and people within our industry.