Live Music to Return to Saskatchewan
Province sets date of July 16
June 30, 2020 in Industry News
(June 30, Regina) - In today’s update from the province, it was announced that as of July 16, restaurants and bars can have live entertainment. Guidelines for safe operation are currently being developed and will be available soon.
As well, beginning July 6, indoor pools, indoor rinks, indoor sports and activities, and the performing arts – including music, dance and theatre – will be able to re-open.
A note that while most businesses/activities will be re-opening now under phase 4, there will still be safe distancing and other safety protocols required.
- Dance floors and karaoke are not currently permitted, as well as 'spaces that promote congregation.'
- Live entertainment, including guest DJs, will be permitted effective July 16. Further guidance will be available.
- Permanent, enclosed DJ booths are permitted, but should not accept written requests and patrons must maintain physical distance from the booths.
You can find the most up-to-date version of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan at www.saskatchewan.ca/re-open.
- Restaurants and Licensed Establishments Guidelines
- Performing Arts Guidelines (including choirs and orchestras)
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.