Voting Open: The Best Saskatchewan Albums of 2018
Long List Announced
November 26, 2018 in SaskMusic News
It’s been another great year for Saskatchewan music. Our artists are creating amazing recordings, pursuing international markets, creating innovative new sounds, and winning over fans around the globe. Now we want to know YOUR thoughts on the standout recordings of 2018! Which Saskatchewan albums resonated with you?
We present the 2018 Long List for your consideration. Curated by an industry and peer jury from a list of over 150 qualifying albums* released this year, it’s now up to the public to select the 'best of the best.'
Only one vote per IP will be accepted for the duration of the polling period. Voting is open now and closes at midnight, Thursday, December 13, 2018 (extended). The Top 10 Saskatchewan Albums of 2018 will be posted the following week.
(Voting now closed)
Note: Even if you try to 'hack' your vote by reloading the page and submitting again, we're only recording your first vote submission. So make it the one you want to use.
*Album Criteria. To be considered for Best Of, the album
- Was first released to the public between November 1, 2017 and November 1, 2018. The primary verification we will use will be its date of release in iTunes. If not on iTunes, we'll accept other forms of verification of both "release date" and "commercial release" at our discretion (ie manufacturer's shipping date).
- Is at least 30 minutes or at least 5 tracks in length.
- Was released by an artist residing in Sask. (physically living in Saskatchewan at the time of the album's release date regardless of where artist is living at the time this list is compiled). If needed, we would verify residency by province of the artist’s 2018 tax filing.
- All genres of music and spoken word will be considered.
- Albums that made a Best Saskatchewan Albums Top Ten previously will not be in consideration this year, even if reissued. Otherwise, official reissues/compilations of previous material (where released as a new package) will be considered.
This project is to promote and celebrate Saskatchewan music. We seek to raise more awareness of our local homegrown music and celebrate our artists’ many successes over the past year.
The Long List
|Abscission - Palimpsest||Alex Bent + the Emptiness - Vanilla Blue|
|Altars of Grief - Iris||Anna Haverstock - Coasting In Dreams|
|Autopilot - Afterglow||Bears In Hazenmore - Atlas|
Belle Plaine - Malice, Mercy, Grief and Wrath
|Black Hell Oil - Choke on This|
|Blue Youth - Dead Forever||Brian Baggett - Bookmarks|
|Colter Wall - Songs of The Plains||Conrad Bigknife - A Tribute to Country Legends|
|Dagan Harding Band - I Learned How||Dayda Banks - Vagabonds|
|Dayda Banks & Filth the Enabler - Emulator||Del Suelo - The Musician's Compass: A 12 Step Programme|
|Eli Barsi & Doris Daley - Once Upon the West||Etienne Fletcher: Side A / Face A|
Factor Chandelier - Wisdom Teeth
|Hell Hounds - Paint the World|
|Hook & Nail - Ghosts of Taylorton||HYV - Times Are Tough|
|Into Eternity - The Sirens||Jack Semple - Can't Stop This Love|
|Jay Semko - Never Sent||Jesse Brown - Sadness|
|Joey Stylez - The Star Chief||LOA - Tide EP|
|LTP - Zenith||Marie-Véronique Bourque - une porte s'ouvre|
|Nick Faye & The Deputies - Stumbling Distance||Pimpton - The Pimpton LP|
|Rosie & The Riveters - Ms. Behave||The Sheepdogs - Changing Colours|
|Shooting Guns - Another WolfCop OST||Sleepwreck - Hypersigil Megaprayer|
|Snake River - Tread on to the Unknown You||Toria Summerfield - Planet X|
|Untimely Demise - No Promise of Tomorrow||West of Mabou - The Bridge|
|The Wolfe - Strange Words||Yellowsky - Mixed Medicine|