Living Skies Teen Vocal Showcase Now Accepting Submissions
Deadline June 9, 2018
May 24, 2018 in Industry News
The Living Skies Teen Vocal Showcase is accepting submissions from Saskatchewan youth vocalists who wish to be considered for this opportunity.
To provide up-and-coming Saskatchewan youth artists with opportunities to perform, network with other youth artists, and receive mentorship and guidance.
- Open to all genres of music
- Solo vocalists/artists 13-19 can apply to audition
- Artists do not need to perform songs they have written themselves (can be cover songs).
- Backing tracks can be used during auditions. However, artists are strongly encouraged to use live accompaniment (ie self or with a second person to accompany) if they are chosen for the finals.
Round 1: Audition/Showcases
- Annual auditions will be held in at least 2 locations each year, with 2018 dates June 24 in Humboldt and July 8 in Regina.
- All applicants must complete a submission form with parental consent.
- All auditions will be at an all ages venue in front of a panel of artist/industry mentors who will provide feedback and answer questions.
- Artists will each perform 2-4 songs (to be determined after deadline, based on number of applicants/auditions).
- Not all applicants will necessarily be selected for an audition.
- If you are unsure of your availability for the audition dates, apply anyway.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Production (PA) will be provided.
- Cover charge or donations, if collected at auditions, will go towards production/venue costs and final prize amounts.
- All evaluations will be based on vocal quality and overall performance of the vocalist/artist.
Round 2: Finals
- The top entrants (between 5-10) as determined by jury from across all auditions held will be invited to perform on stage at the Hillbilly Boogie Music Festival in Kenaston SK, August 4, 2018 starting at 1:00pm. Each artist will perform 2-5 songs (to be determined at a later date).
- Production (PA) and honorarium for each artist will be provided.
- A panel of artist/industry mentors will provide feedback and answer questions. The panel will select the top 3 artists for prize packages consisting of a SaskMusic membership, with $500 plus the title of “Living Skies Teen Vocalist of the Year” for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place, and $200 for 3rd place. Additional prizes are being arranged through sponsors.
SaskMusic is pleased to provide assistance with this year's event planning.
For more information on this process please contact the organizer, Malcolm Foster via email.
Thank you to: Fender Guitars, St. John's Music Saskatoon, Bella Vista Inn Humboldt, Creative City Centre Regina