SaskMusic Export Mission to M for Montreal, November 15-18, 2017
November 2, 2017 in SaskMusic News
M for Montreal is a cutting-edge music conference and festival that takes place every November, and showcases approximately 100 local and international buzz-worthy and breakout bands in venues across Montreal. Top music industry professionals mingle with fans and artists at one of the most vibrant music events of the season. Founded in 2006 in collaboration with one of the most respected festival programmers in the industry, Martin Elbourne (Glastonbury, The Great Escape), the event hosts an expansive list of industry delegates from around the world. “M” is an independent organization whose ambitious mission is to help up-and-coming artists both to become better known locally, and to launch their careers outside Canada.
SaskMusic will be on the ground to build connections with industry colleagues, attend conference activities and support our Saskatchewan showcasing artists. The following were selected by M for Montreal organizers after applying directly through the festival’s submission process.
Saskatchewan artists – Official M For Montreal showcases:
The Avulsions: Thur Nov 16 (ticketed event, artist presented by SaskMusic), 9:00 PM at Cléopatre, 1230 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
respecfulchild: Fri Nov 17 (industry-only showcase)
Experimental violin creating an immersive bath of sound through meticulous improvisation.
Additional November dates for Respectfulchild:
- Nov 3: 10pm-1am EST Guelph ON interview+performance on Aural Tethers 93.3 FM or stream online at CFRU.ca
- Nov 4: 7:45pm Kitchener ON for NIGHT\SHIFT at Apollo Cinema
- Nov 10: 11pm start Saskatoon SK for Sounds Like Audio Arts Festival An After Party with Natanielle Felicitas + Martín Rodríguez at PAVED Arts
- Nov 18: 5:45pm Calgary AB for FEMME WAVE 2017 at McHugh House
- Nov 23: Saskatoon SK Looping Workshop with Laura Jane Beach at PAVED Arts
About The Avulsions
The Avulsions and their expansive take on post-punk may force us to rethink the bleak horizons of the Canadian prairies. Drawing influence from classic noir-pop, art rock and punk in equal measure, they create lush - yet raw - intricately ornamented arrangements, with superb attention to detail and subtlety.
Additional November dates for The Avulsions:
- November 10: Saskatoon SK with Mauno and Raeburn at Vangelis Tavern