Program Coordinator opening at SaskMusic
Full-time, 12 month contract based in Saskatoon SK
November 8, 2017 in SaskMusic News
Start date: December 2017
Deadline for Applications: November 9, 2017, 5 pm
SaskMusic is a member-based, non-profit association that represents, promotes and develops the commercial music industry of Saskatchewan. We work to bring Saskatchewan music to the people of our province, Canada, and the world. We assist those working in music in all genres from across Saskatchewan, and collaborate with a network of partners across Canada.
The position of Program Coordinator, under the supervision of the Saskatoon Program Manager, will provide administrative support and assist in the development and delivery of SaskMusic programming and projects.
This is a full-time position in a fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing environment. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, effective computer skills and is an organized self-starter. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares our passion for the arts and is committed to helping Saskatchewan music thrive.
This is a salaried position based on regular office hours, however, occasional evening and weekend work, and some travel, will be required. The successful applicant must be able to obtain a passport, have a driver’s license, and be bondable.
- Assisting with the planning and production of SaskMusic events and programs including the market export program, workshop series, Careers in Music school program and Career Tracks mentorship program
- Reception/administrative support including membership communications
- Basic accounting and statistical gathering
- Assisting with jury coordination
- Providing event assistance such as venue setup, registering attendees, etc.
- Contributing to communications materials and gathering industry resources as needed
- Sourcing and managing project funding for programs
- Working with the rest of our team as needed to facilitate SaskMusic’s work in general on a wide variety of projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- A professional work ethic
- Experience in office administration
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- The ability to work well on one’s own and in a small team environment
- Initiative and creative problem solving skills.
A background or interest in music would be an asset. Experience with non-profit organizations would also be an asset.
Pay scale: $32,000 per annum plus benefits. This is a 12-month term position.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Michael Dawson, Executive Director.
Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday, November 9, 2017 at:
Program Coordinator Position, Attn. Michael Dawson, Executive Director, SaskMusic; email your cover letter and resume in PDF format, or drop off at either SaskMusic office (Regina: 1831 College Ave, or Saskatoon: 202-226 20th St W).
While we thank all interested applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted October 23/2017