SASKMUSIC INVESTMENT PROGRAM ANNOUNCES RECENT FUNDING RECIPIENTS
June 25, 2013 in SaskMusic News
SaskMusic is pleased to announce that 32 new projects from a wide array of musical genres have recently been approved for funding under our Investment Program. The jury was impressed with the quality and volume of applications received under the second intake of our Investment Program pilot project. A total of 74 Showcase Support, Single/Demo Sound Recording, Commercial Recording, and Marketing Initiatives applications were evaluated, with a total of $85,697.95 being allocated to approved applicants, which cover:
- Showcase Support
submissions approved from February 15, 2013 to today (continual intake); and
- Single/Demo Sound Recording, Commercial Sound Recording, Tour Initiatives and Marketing Support applications received for the March 15, 2013 intake.
The SaskMusic Investment Program enables artists and music industry professionals to engage in activities that will enhance their music and/or professional careers, and contribute to the overall development of the Saskatchewan music industry. This program is for artists at all stages of development, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to make a strong argument that their project is the critical next step in their career. Applications are adjudicated by an external jury of peers using a scored list of criteria, with the highest-scoring applications being recommended for funding.
- The Single/Demo Sound Recording
stream assists with the production of a high-fidelity single or demo recording, which may then be released commercially, used for self-promotion, and/or to court the attention of labels/agents/producers. Projects must be completely recorded and mixed in Saskatchewan at Saskatchewan facilities and by Saskatchewan residents.
- The Commercial Sound Recording stream assists with the production of an EP or album sound recording, intended for commercial release. Only production expenses accrued in Saskatchewan at facilities and payable to companies/residents in the province are eligible.
- The Tour Support stream assists with tour expenses. The project must include a minimum of 8 confirmed dates that comprise a tour, of which 2 dates can be promotional appearances on radio/TV/etc.
- The Marketing Initiatives stream assists with marketing initiatives which may include (but are not limited to) website development, publicists, radio trackers, promotional videos, courier/postage, press kit development and production, logos/artwork/graphic design, professional photography and telephone services.
- The Showcase Support Program supports Saskatchewan artists invited to perform at professionally organized music industry showcases, designed to enhance their presence in the marketplace. Its objectives are: To provide financial support to music industry professionals to assist in travel, accommodations, and other related expenses incurred in their professional activities at organized music industry events; To encourage participation in professional music industry events outside of Saskatchewan; and To increase the professional networks and business opportunities available to Saskatchewan music industry professionals.
This program is funded by the Government of Saskatchewan - Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport. The Investment Program Pilot is now under review with an announcement expected in September with information on renewed programs.
Since its launch in September 2012, the SaskMusic Investment Program has received 138 applications for funding, with over half a million dollars in requests. To date we have approved 52 Saskatchewan applicants, totaling $148,680.27 in funding.
Application inquiries may be directed to Derek Bachman, Program Manager, 1-800-347-0676; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARCH 15, 2013 INTAKE INVESTMENT PROGRAM APPROVED APPLICANTS
announced June 25, 2013
Single/Demo Sound Recording
Commercial Sound Recording
Gunner & Smith $6588.00
Jeans Boots $6579.00
Jessica Moskaluke $6750.00
Kirby Criddle $6164.10
Ritual Rabbits $2194.20
Sarah Farthing $2924.70
The Deep Dark Woods $6300.00
Indigo Joseph $1000.00
Jeffery Straker $2000.00
Julia McDougall $1500.00
We Were Lovers $3000.00
Young Benjamins $2000.00
Andino Suns $3500.00
Close Talker $4500.00
Factor Chandelier $4500.00
The Steadies $4500.00
Alexis Normand - $976.50 – Roseq, Lévis QC
Belle Plaine - $1500.00 – Folk Alliance International, Toronto ON
Carrie Catherine - $1372.50 – Folk Alliance International, Toronto ON
Def3 - $917.18 – NXNE, Toronto ON
Factor - $525.00 – SXSW, Austin TX
Fur Eel - $1500.00 – Canadian Music Week, Toronto ON
Indigo Joseph - $1500.00 – NXNE, Toronto ON
Indigo Joseph - $1500.00 – Canadian Music Week, Toronto ON
John Antoniuk (Smokekiller) - $1,500.00 – NXNE, Toronto ON
Megan Lane - $926.77 – NXNE, Toronto ON
Rosie & the Riveters - $1500.00 – Folk Alliance International, Toronto ON
Shuyler Jansen - $2500.00 – The Great Escape, Brighton UK
The Pistolwhips - $1500.00 – Canadian Music Week, Toronto ON
We Were Lovers - $1500.00 – Canadian Music Week, Toronto ON
Young Benjamins - $1500.00 – Folk Alliance International, Toronto ON
- 30 -
For more information on the Investment Program, please contact JP Ellson at SaskMusic, 1-800-347-0676 or email@example.com.