CIMA’s Road Gold Certification - Award Submission
Road Gold is awarded to Canadian artists who have achieved a high level of success during Canadian tour(s) over the course of a 12-month period.
Being on the road can be an arduous endeavour for Canada’s hard-working artists and bands. CIMA’s Road Gold is awarded to those Canadian artists who have achieved a high level of success during their Canadian tour(s) over the course of any 12-month period, filling venues from coast to coast. CIMA’s Road Gold certification is an acknowledgment of the dedication and drive artists must have to achieve success, broaden their fan base and express their artistry through strong public performances. This award is open to Canadian musicians who have sold at least 25, 000 tickets at their gigs in Canada within a one year period.
- Certification is awarded by application to CIMA. An administration fee of $50.00 is applicable.
- Artists must be Canadian.
- Sales must reflect paid gigs played in Canada.
- Certification is based on at least 25,000 tickets sold for public performances within a 12 month period. Artists who hit that milestone in less than 12 months are still eligible for certification. Eligible dates can go as far back as January 1st, 2014.
- Artists must perform their own show or as headliner (or co-headliner) in Canada. Where the act is NOT performing as the headliner/co-headliner, only 10% of total ticket sales units will be eligible for that performance. Where the act is NOT performing as the headliner/co-headliner at a festival, then the higher figure of the following will be eligible for the performance: 2% of total festival tickets sold or total festival tickets sold divided by total number of performing acts per festival.
- Paid performances only.
- Performances must include at least 50% original music to be eligible.
- Total ticket count per performance cannot exceed capacity of the venue.
- Venues with less than 100 people capacity
- Showcases/free shows
- Dates that have not yet been performed
- Verification of ticket sales, as detailed in the Certification Application.
- CIMA will conduct random spot audits of all applications in order to verify the figures provided by the applicant.
- Artist marketing info (photos, bio, social media links, EPK, etc. are optional, but we would appreciate having it included in the fields below if possible).
For more information and to apply: CLICK HERE
Admin-checked: May 2018