Regina Musicians' Association, Local 446 of the Canadian Federation of Musicians
Suite G, 2835 13th Ave
Regina, SK, S4T 1N6
Phone: Show phone number
The Regina Musicians Association, Local 446 (aka the musicians union) represents and promotes the professional musicians of Regina and Southern Saskatchewan.
Membership includes performers from any musical genres including symphonic, road bands, single performing artists and singers, etc.
Under the Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM, AFM) we provide services which include
- legal contracts for live and recorded performances
- access to one of the world’s richest pension plans
- low-cost instrument and liability insurance.
- accidental death and/or dismemberment under our group insurance plan with American Income Life
- access to Musicians Performance Trust Fund subsidies for non-profit performances in schools, medical facilities, street fairs, and music festivals.
- for recording musicians, the Special Payments Fund, which provides those who use CFM contracts on recording sessions with royalties accrued from record sales.
Contract blanks for live and recorded performances, as well as information on insurance, the Musicians Performance Trust Fund, and other pertinent documents can be found on our “Resources” webpage.
If you are a professional entertainer wanting to perform in the U.S., you will require a P2 visa. On that same resources page, you will find the necessary documentation and instructions on how to make application for either P2 clearance for paid performances, or B1 clearance for unpaid showcases.
Yearly membership dues are $154, or just under $13 a month, which are fully tax-deductible.
The Regina Musicians Association was chartered as Local 446 of the American Federation of Musicians on February 12, 1912.Back