This is a full-time, public-facing position based in our Regina office that provides administrative support and assists in the development and delivery of SaskMusic programming and projects. An integral member of our small and dedicated team, you would share our commitment to helping Saskatchewan music thrive.
You are keenly interested in providing excellent service to members, care about the details, and love the idea of having something interesting to do each day. Your passion for music, and curiosity to learn everything about the industry is required.
The successful candidate in this role will:
- Provide reception/administrative services, including membership communications, and be our first point of contact by phone, email, and in person.
- Learn how to answer music industry questions ranging from the simple to the complex.
- Assist staff in the planning and production of SaskMusic events and programs, including workshops, showcase events, career fairs, an awards show, and providing support services to artists and the music industry.
- Process memberships and manage digital records.
- Assist with basic accounting and statistical gathering.
- Help with outreach, jury coordination, and research.
- Provide on-site event assistance such as venue setup, running supplies, registering attendees, staffing information booths, etc. at Sask-based events.
- Assist with maintaining our social media accounts and contribute to communications projects.
- Assist the Executive Director with financial reporting, scheduling and board communications.
The successful applicant will have qualities such as:
- A friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- A professional work ethic and an organized self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong typing skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and general computer programs.
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and self-manage your work across a wide variety of projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment and contribute your ideas.
- The confidence to lead/set up events, and to represent us in reels/videos.
- Experience in music (musician, artist, songwriter, other activities) or another creative stream.
- Minimum education Grade 12 or GED.
- Previous experience in an administrative, retail, or service position, or volunteer experience would be desirable.
- Knowledge of basic accounting would be helpful.
- A driver's license would be an asset. The ability to travel/obtain a passport would also be of benefit.
This position is full-time at 35 hours per week, most of which would be weekday hours in our Regina office. The role will require occasional evening and weekend work each month, plus some travel in-province. The starting salary is $36,400 per year, and following a probationary period we offer health benefits, a company pension, and 3 weeks of paid annual vacation.
SaskMusic is a non-profit, member-based creative association. We represent, promote and develop the artists and music industry of Saskatchewan, offering one-on-one guidance, workshops, marketing and export assistance, career development opportunities, peer sessions, artist/service directory, and much more. From songwriters and freelance musicians to studios, we work with artists and industry members from across our province, in a wide range of genres and skill levels. We also provide information and resources to the general public and the music industry.
How to Apply
All applications should be directed to email@example.com .
Please apply with a cover letter outlining your interest in this position, along with a resume.
SaskMusic is committed to principles of equality, inclusivity, and social justice. Staff, board, and members are expected to abide by a code of conduct that cultivates a safe, supportive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
SaskMusic's Regina office is located in an accessible space. The position will require concentrated work with frequent interruptions. This position will require occasional light lifting. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be able to provide a medical exemption.
Application deadline: July 3, 2023 (extended)
We thank all applicants, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Please note, interviews may occur throughout the posting period.