Showcase Opportunity: THE CANADA SPOTLIGHT INITIATIVE AT CIRCULART 2020
Selected artists will have their remote performances produced and aired to industry delegates around the world during the conference November 10-15.
Deadline: September 22, 2020
Applications are open for artists and music professionals to participate in the first Canada Spotlight initiative, set to take place virtually from November 12-15, 2020. This initiative is led by the not-for-profit arts organization Trade Routes in partnership with Mundial Montreal and Circulart. They are seeking submissions from Canadian artists, agencies, presenters, programmers and promoters to showcase and participate in the virtual delegation attending the 11th edition of Circulart.
Canada Spotlight is an initiative that aims to give Canadian Artists and industry professionals a pathway to international touring and business development.
They are seeking applications from artists in all music genres who are export-ready and based in Canada. They are also looking for Canadian agents who represent export-ready artists as well as Canadian promoters, programmers and presenters to participate in the business roundtable meetings with international industry professionals. Successful candidates will demonstrate international experience and special interest in and suitability for the Latin American music markets or experience in the market segment of Latin American music in Canada (e.g. by demonstrating established international recording, touring or publishing activity, booking of Latin American artists in Canada, etc.).
THIS INITIATIVE INCLUDES:
• Participation in the Circulart PRO activities, including organized B2B meetings with talent buyers and sellers focusing on Colombian and Latin American music and other networking events targeting key professionals in the region
• Access for 8 months to the conference virtual networking platform Circulart Conecta
• Official showcasing opportunities for Canadian artists
• Access to and participation in panel discussions and keynote lectures focusing on the Latin American music ecosystems
• Access to official showcases
• Opportunity to be featured in the conference’s virtual catalogue of the Latin American market
• “Canada Spotlight at Circulart 2020” promotion
They are currently looking for 10-15 delegates to register for this initiative (3-5 artists and 7-10 agents, promoters, presenters, programers). This opportunity is best suited for artists and music professionals looking to further develop existing business relationships with their Colombian and Latin American counterparts. However, applicants looking to create new relationships will be also considered. Selected representatives for the virtual business meetings must be able to actively negotiate and secure deals on behalf of their roster or the organization they represent.
The deadline to apply is September 22, 2020.
Apply by clicking here.