Corntine Time: Online Indigenous Arts Initiative
Sâkêwêwak First Nations Artists' Collective Inc. would like to announce “Corntine Time: Online Indigenous Arts Initiative.”
The arts & cultural sector has been deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To help Indigenous artists through this unprecedented time, Sâkêwêwak would like to financially compensate Indigenous artists, throughout all disciplines, by sharing with them some of your art practice since mid-March 2020.
Please choose one of the following three ways to apply:
1) Submit images of three to five artworks: Any 2D, 3D artwork, stills of performance, film or dance or artwork at varying stages of progress. This can include: beadwork, ribbon skirts, regalia, moccasins, paintings, photography, drawing, carving, your studio space, etc.
2) Submit a short video: Minimum of two minutes in length. This can include performance, works in progress, time-lapse, studio or current exhibition tour, your curatorial practice, an excerpt of your own creative writing, song, dance or simply sharing your experience of how self-isolation has impacted your work. *Please refer to your email provider for limitations of uploading larger files.
3) Submit details of live social media event: Provide a brief description with date & time of your live social media event with website link. This can be instructional video such as moccasin making, beading, etc. or performance ie: music, poetry reading, dance, comedy, etc.
Deadline: There is no deadline. Limited funding available.
Please include: A short bio, description of your work, your social media handle (ie: @sakewewak) and any other information you are comfortable with Sâkêwêwak sharing publicly online.
· Self identify with your nation affiliation.
· Only one entry per artist.
· For Indigenous (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) artists only.
· Emerging, professional & established artists.
· Offensive content will not be tolerated.
Your submission will be juried and successful applicants will receive notification and etransfer of $400 from Sâkêwêwak First Nations Artists’ Collective Inc. via email. Successful submissions will be posted to Sâkêwêwak Facebook & Twitter via Instagram and collectively at www.sakewewak.ca.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corntine Time” in the subject line.
***Details and guidelines are subject to change without notice.***
Sâkêwêwak First Nations Artists' Collective Inc. would like to recognize the support of our core operations funding partners SaskCulture, Saskatchewan Arts Board and the Canada Council for the Arts for making this initiative possible.