Contest Opportunity: Jim Beam Talent Search
Win a chance to perform at Canadian Music Week
Deadline: March 6, 2020
Enter the Jim Beam Talent Search and win your chance to perform at Canadian Music Week in front of thousands of industry insiders from Canada and around the world. Talent buyers, booking agents, festival programmers, music publishers, A&R reps, managers, music supervisors, and more are all at your fingertips, looking for the next big thing. You can be one of them, but only if you submit.
One grand prize winner will win the opportunity to perform live on stage at the 2020 JIM BEAM INDIE AWARDS in Toronto, May 2020, in addition to:
• Complementary pass(es) for band members to attend CMW’s Music Summit 2020 (valued at $599 CDN each) which gives you access to panels and discussions as well as the mentor’s café, where you can connect with industry experts from around the globe
• Flight and accommodations paid for band members only (Exact dates to be confirmed with Canadian Music Week office directly)
• One (1) single professionally produced, recorded, mixed and mastered courtesy of Metalworks Studios
APPLYING IS FREE
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
• Competition is open to Indie and emerging artists not signed to a major record label (some restrictions apply)
• All entrants must submit at least one original song in an mp3 format and submit a live performance video via YouTube to local station website or indies.ca.
• Five (5) indie or emerging artists will be selected from regional entries to perform live at a showcase event at a local live music venue in each participating market (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax.) Forty (40) finalists in total competition.
Confirmed Contest Event Dates/Venues: (subject to change):
Vancouver: March 12 (Venue: The Roxy Cabaret)
Toronto: March 14 (Venue: Drake Underground)
Halifax: March 20 (Venue: Sniggily Wiggily’s)
Ottawa: March 26 (Venue: The Whiskey Bar)
Montreal: March 28 (Venue: l’Hémisphère Gauche)
Edmonton: April 2 (Venue: Starlite)
Calgary: April 4 (Venue: Blind Beggar Pub)
Saskatoon: April 11 (Venue: Capitol)
The winning regional artists will be entered into the national competition, where judges will select one band to perform live at the Indies Awards.
For the full list of rules & regulations click here.
Perks of applying:
Winning performers will receive a complementary pass to attend CMW’s Music Summit 2020 (valued at $599 CDN) which gives you access to panels and discussions as well as the mentor’s café, where you can connect with industry experts from around the globe.
Chance to win the Grand Prize Package: Jim Beam Talent Search grand prize includes return travel (if applicable), accommodation based on double occupancy, complimentary passes to Canadian Music Week Festival, per diems, and One (1) single professionally produced, recorded, mixed and mastered courtesy of Metalworks Studios.
Application Deadline is per city – subject to change:
Vancouver – February 7
Toronto – February 7
Halifax – February 14
Ottawa – February 19
Montreal – February 21
Edmonton – February 27
Calgary – March 1
Saskatoon – March 6
For more info and to apply click here.