Telluride Bluegrass Festival 2019:Troubadour Competition - Contest Opportunity
Deadline: April 26, 2019
The Telluride Troubadour competition is a nationally recognized songwriting contest that has taken place in conjunction with the Telluride Bluegrass Festival since 1991. This year's event will take place in Telluride, CO, June 20-23, 2019. Troubadours perform June 20-21 in Elks Park, and the winner performs June 22 on the Main Stage. Artists may submit up to 2 songs each. Songs must be entered in separate submissions. Contestants are judged on composition, vocal and instrumental delivery, and overall performance.
- The competition is open to solo performers who write and perform original music and are not signed to a major label or a publishing deal
- Acceptable styles include singer-songwriter, americana, folk, pop, and bluegrass
- Songwriting entries must be entirely written by the entering songwriter. No co-writing allowed
- This is a solo singer-songwriter contest, submissions should showcase the songwriter as the lead vocalist
- Songwriters are highly encouraged to submit new & different songs for the Telluride Troubadour and Folks Showcase contests. New songs will be given preference by the panel of judges
Additional Compensation Details:
- Finalists are awarded cash and prizes, and a chance to perform on the festival main stage on Saturday evening
- Each finalist also receives a 4-day Town Park camping pass, an "in the round" performance slot, performance coaching, and a KOTO-FM live radio slot during the festival
Complete competition rules can be found at www.bluegrass.com/telluride/contests.html
To apply, CLICK HERE.