SaskMusic Seeks Executive Director
SaskMusic (The Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association) is looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced individual to take on the role of Executive Director of this forward-thinking organization.
Working in conjunction with Creative Saskatchewan, SaskMusic’s mission is to stimulate the growth and development of the Saskatchewan music industry through leadership, promotion, training, advocacy and partnership. SaskMusic, established in 1987, is a member-based, non-profit corporation representing the music industry of Saskatchewan. SaskMusic represents, promotes and develops the commercial music industry of the province with programming including career consults, workshops, marketing, networking opportunities and much more. Our artists and music professionals come from across the province, and work in all genres. We are a source of information and resources for both the public, and the music industry.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be both a leader and a team player.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated capacity to identify current issues and propose appropriate solutions.
• Superior understanding of arts organizations or complex businesses that operate with multiple staff, pressing deadlines and manage many projects simultaneously.
• Grant-writing and budget management experience.
• Successful experience in sponsorship development and fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects.
• High levels of comfort with current technologies.
• Post-secondary education in business, music or the arts, or a demonstrated background of continuous independent learning in related areas.
• Experience with the music industry.
• A proven track record of working successfully with a Board of Directors is required.
• Leadership experience in a music industry association would be a definite asset.
SaskMusic has offices in both Regina and Saskatoon, with the head office located in Regina. This position will require regular travel between the two cities.
Wages will be commensurate with experience.
To pursue this opportunity please forward your application by 5pm Friday, January 25, 2015 to:
Attention Dawn Woroniuk, President, SaskMusic, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquiries regarding this position should be made via email; no phone inquiries please.