SaskMusic Launches “Music Matters” Economic Impact Survey
Capturing a ‘normal year’ of music urgently needed
Some of you received an earlier bulletin with a broken link.
Please find the correct link below, with apologies.
SaskMusic has engaged Nordicity to develop a profile and economic impact assessment of Saskatchewan’s music industry.
With your help, we will estimate the economic impact, social benefits, and financial health of the local music scene, as well as define its contribution to Saskatchewan’s economy.
Why is the survey important for you?
- You can help SaskMusic develop an accurate baseline of the size of our sector pre-COVID. Your responses will enable us to calculate the impacts of the music sector and will be crucial to future advocacy and rebuilding efforts post Covid19.
- It is your chance to have your voice be heard by government and other policy and funding decision-makers and influencers.
- Your input will help make this research more suitable and useful to you. The final report will provide information about your music sector that will be helpful to you, other industry members and government alike.
Who should complete this questionnaire?
Every individual person, company and organization that is involved in Saskatchewan's music sector, including:
- Artists, musicians, songwriters, composers
- Live crew support including sound and lighting techs, rigging, and event producers
- Agents, managers and bookers
- Labels and recording studios
- Festivals and venues
- Retail stores
- Music teachers and teaching studios
- Any individuals with activities related to music
- Funding bodies or music associations
Those who complete this survey will have the option of being entered into several prize draws.
- 1st prize: Apple iPad Air 10.9" 64GB with Wi-Fi (retail value $780)
- 2nd prize: $500 gift certificate for Clampdown vinyl record pressing
- 3rd prize: AirPods Pro (retail value $329)
- 4-7th prizes: 2 draws for $100 gift certificate to Music Books Plus and 2 draws for $100 Bandcamp gift certificate
If you run/own multiple businesses, please fill out the survey once for each business.
For more information: https://www.saskmusic.org/news/music-matters-survey
For more information, please contact:
Mike Dawson, Executive Director, SaskMusic, or
Lorena Kelly, Communications & Operations Manager, SaskMusic