Please join us this Saturday for
SaskMusic Annual General Meeting & Open House
210-2300 Dewdney Avenue, Regina SK
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Members & guests: Doors open 1:00 PM, AGM 1:30-3:30 PM
Everyone: SaskMusic Open House to follow until 5:30 PM
Current SaskMusic members and guests are invited to participate in our Annual General Meeting, in which we will discuss the past year's accomplishments, talk about the year ahead, and vote on our Board of Directors and proposed bylaw changes (click for more info & agenda).
Then, everyone - artists, musicians, arts supporters and businesses alike - is invited to join us for our Open House, to run approximately 3:30-5:30pm.
This will be a casual come-and-go party with some great food and beverages, with thanks to Creative Saskatchewan, Bushwakker Brewing Company and Bacardi. Come and join us for some early holiday cheer, and network with your fellows artists and industry!
SaskMusic Showcase at Folk Alliance 2015
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Kansas City Missouri February 18-22, 2015
SaskMusic will travel to Kansas City for Folk Alliance International 2015, in a marketing partnership with BreakOut West, Manitoba Music, Alberta Music and Music BC. SaskMusic and our partners will present private showcases to the international music industry professionals who will be attending the festival and conference. Folk Alliance International is the major North American gathering point for artists, venues, talent buyers, record labels and anyone connected to the roots and folk genres.
There are two types of showcase at Folk Alliance:
- Official selection showcases, programmed as part of the conference
- Private showcases, held each night after official showcases. These take place in the hotel rooms of three floors of the Westin Crown Center Hotel. Each hotel room becomes a mini-showcase venue.
In addition to providing pre-event preparation sessions for our artists, SaskMusic will be on-site to assist with marketing and promotion of their performances, maintain a presence in the Folk Alliance trade show, and network with delegates from around the world, following up on connections we have cultivated at previous events. We are also planning on producing a special limited edition compilation CD featuring artists showcasing at FA, which we can hand out at the showcases and in the trade show.
Online application form: https://saskmusic.wufoo.eu/forms/saskmusic-showcases-at-folk-alliance-2015/
This export mission is presented with funding assistance from Creative Saskatchewan.
New Creative Saskatchewan Deadline!
Creative Saskatchewan has announced their next intake period of January 5-23, 2015 for deadlined programs:
- Market & Export Development: support for market access and market development opportunities. Marketing support for artists (ie website building, hiring a publicist and/or radio tracker, promotional videos, travel, distribution, other marketing activities) can be applied for under this program.
- Business Capacity Grant: projects to increase business skills and expertise; develop creative capacity and skills
- Creative Industries Production Grant: supports individuals and businesses in the production and refinement of creative products
- Research Grant: supports creative industry based research and market intelligence activities
Time to start working on your applications! SaskMusic can provide members with assistance and/or feedback on submissions in advance if you allow enough notice, so book your consult times now for December: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-347-0676.
You are receiving this email as a opted-in Subscriber of SaskMusic, as a current member, or as a recently expired member of SaskMusic.
UPDATE OR UNSUBSCRIBE:
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from SaskMusic, please click below.
Please note that unsubscribing may result in your missing submission deadlines, and other opportunities and news, some of which is distributed only via email.
To change the email address at which you receive these messages, please login to your SaskMusic account.