Music Export Missions
Official SaskMusic Performance Opportunity
International Saskatchewan Day
Los Angeles, California - December 12, 2013
SaskMusic will present entertainment at the Canadian Consulate on December 12 for a private reception for 80 guests that may include individuals from the entertainment Industry. SaskMusic is looking for submissions from artists to perform acoustically at this event. Solo, duo or groups are welcome to submit for 2 performance spots available; each artist will be required to perform a 20 min set. Artists must meet the SaskMusic Export Ready criteria listed below and have financial capacity to undertake travel and accommodations. Showcase support may be available from the Creative Saskatchewan Market Travel Grant. Artists with active P2 or P1 visas will be given greater consideration for this opportunity.
Deadline: 5pm Friday, November 15, 2013
Submissions may be made by email: email@example.com by 5pm on November 15, 2013
SaskMusic will cover the cost of flights and accomodations
You must meet SaskMusic Export Ready status to be eligible to apply. To be considered export-ready you MUST meet four (4) of the following eight criteria:
- At least one commercial release in Canada in the past 24 months or have plans for a commercial release in Canada in the next 6 months;
- At least one commercial release that is distributed internationally;
- Completed at least one Canadian tour in the past 24 months or have confirmed bookings in the target location;
- An established team including at least two of the following: artist manager, record label, booking agent and/or publicist;
- Airplay on a published radio chart in the past 24 months;
- Public and industry recognition (via video play, web hits and streams, music press, blogs, awards, etc.);
- Minimum of 3,000 combined units sold of all recordings released;
- Realistic business and marketing plan.
Contact Info and Inquiries
All inquiries can be directed to:
Derek Bachman, Program Manager, SaskMusic
To apply, fill out the Call for Submissions Form (PDF).