TourHub How to Use
SaskMusic, along with the other music industry associations which form the Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations, has spent a lot of time developing an innovative new tool that is set to revolutionize how bands plan and book tours in Canada. That tool is Tourhub.
Member Login (For SaskMusic members using Tourhub)
The “login” link is in the upper right hand corner of site www.tourhub.ca. Login here to the member portal to create tours, find venues, input merch sales, etc.
Member Account Set Up
At tourhub.ca, click login at top right corner of page. Enter the login ID and password you obtain from SaskMusic.
Tourhub will recognize a first-time user, so you have the option to edit you contact info, name, password, etc. click save. This can also be edited later by clicking on Edit Account in the left-hand menu.
After your first login you can use your email address and new password to login.
You will then be navigated to the DASHBOARD. Messages from the Admin/CCMIA will sometimes be displayed here.
If you forget your new password, you can use the RECOVER PASSWORD option by entering the email you entered to update their account. The password will be emailed to that account.
Creating an Artist Profile
Artist profiles and tours are both located in the Artists & Tours tab. You can create multiple artist profiles as one user.
For example if you are a manager that manages multiple bands and you want to add tours for more than one band, you can create an artist profile for each band.
To add a new Artist profile
Click the New Profile button at the top of the page. Enter your info, bio, link band Facebook page, Twitter, etc. Most of this info will be available to the public side of Tourhub. The only mandatory field is Artist Name, all other fields can be filled in later if so desired.
Tours and Venues
Adding a Tour
To add a tour for an artist:
- Click the View Tour(s) button next to the artist name
- Current and past tours for that artist profile will be displayed.
- To add tour click PLAN NEW TOUR and name it.
- By default, the tour will not be public. You are able to make the tour public or not public, depending on whether it is ready to be announced or not. By making it PUBLIC it is then viewable by anyone who visits tourhub.ca.
- To add dates, click the VIEW TOUR option, and then EDIT TOUR from the buttons at the top. You will be taken to a map view. Click Add Date/Venue to begin entering the tour.
- You can search for venues by city/date or venue style (genre, capacity, type).
- Multiple genres or types can be selected by using CTRL+click
- Venues listed should have all contact info for artist such as booking agent, contact number, website
- If you discover that there is some wrong or outdated information about a venue, you have the option to flag the venue.
- An email will then be sent to the music association for that venue territory, and they are encouraged to update the venue info and reset the venue back to “unflagged”.
- Venues will be shown as red or green on your tour map. Red means not confirmed, green means confirmed. To confirm the venue, select it from the list and click “confirmed”.
Adding a Venue
If a known venue is not listed in our database, you can add a venue that they don’t see in the search results by clicking ADD VENUE on the map page, and fill out all the fields you can about the venue.
TO AVOID DUPLICATES, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE VENUE IS NOT THERE BEFORE ADDING A NEW ONE
Before it is made public, it will be confirmed by the MIA admin for that province, however the you will not have to wait for approval to add it to your tour list.
Other Tour Information
When viewing the tour in LIST VIEW, you can see there are options to enter GUEST LISTS and ADVANCING NOTES for each show. You can also record merch sales by clicking on the Merchandise button. All this information can be exported from the system as an excel file or PDF.
- Select “Edit Guest List” beside the tour date (venue)
- You can add guests by name and the number of guests joining them and then saving it to the list
- After adding all the guests for that show, you can export a PDF and then have a list for that specific show.
- You can enter advancing details for each tour date. Suggested options include Press, Radio and Load-in time, but others can be added via the Add New Item box. Advancing Notes can then be exported to a PDF or excel file.
- Under EDIT MERCH ITEMS you can enter merch items you are bringing, the initial quantity of each, and item price.
- You can also add merch sales under each show. You can then enter the number of merch items you sold at that show and the amount.
- Sales can be exported as a PDF or excel file, but details of sales and revenue are only displayed in the exported file.
TOURHUB: Public Portal and Artist Profiles
On the landing page, the views display an account of how many shows are booked that current month. You can view previous months by searching for a particular month.
The public can also see how many shows are happening at a particular venue and in any particular place/province.
The public can also view artists’ profiles and click on links to website, Twitter, Facebook, and can also see artist’s past tours.