Annual General Meeting 2015
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & RECEPTION
June 20, 2015, Saskatoon SK
The Hollows, 334 Ave C South, Saskatoon SK
Doors open 1:00 pm / AGM 1:30-3:00 pm
Reception to follow until 5:30pm
Previous: On November 29, 2014 we held an Annual General Meeting (for the year ending August 31, 2014) and an Open House at our Regina office. We had a great turnout and welcomed new board members Kurt Dahl, Harreson James, and re-elected directors Adele Boychuk, Susan Busse, Taron Cochrane, and Jeanette Stewart. They joined continuing directors Dawn Woroniuk, Sean Gallop, Ryan Gullen, Amy Nelson, Louis O’Reilly, and Amanda Smytaniuk. Outgoing directors, with our sincere thanks, were Sean Pion and JJ Voss. A PDF version of that Annual Report is available here.
Our application to change our fiscal year end was approved by the Canada Revene Agency. This will better align our financial reporting with that of our funders. Our new fiscal year will run April 1 to March 31. Thus, we now have to have another Annual General Meeting for the short fiscal year of September 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015.
A Special General Meeting was held on May 25 in Saskatoon to determine the results of the Special Resolution that was distributed to members earlier in the month. The Resolution passed with a large majority, and it enables our currently sitting Directors to remain in place for an additional year, through a one-time term length extension. As a result, there will be no call for nominations or Board of Directors elections conducted at this year’s AGM.
Upcoming AGM: Please join us in Saskatoon on Saturday, June 20, 2015. You must be an Individual, Band or Corporate Member of SaskMusic to vote on any motions presented during this meeting. Youth members and guests of members are welcome to attend as observers. Members and non-members alike are invited to join us for the reception portion.
Due to the membership’s approval of the recent Special Resolution, Board Elections will not take place at this AGM.
The main items of business to be dealt with at this Annual General Meeting are as follows:
- Call to order
- Introduction of current Board and Staff present
- Agenda: Amendments; discussion; motion to approve
- Minutes from the November 2014 AGM: Discussion; motion to approve
- Annual Report
- President’s Report, Dawn Woroniuk – discussion and questions
- Executive Director’s Report, Michael Dawson - discussion and questions
- Motion to approve reports
- Financial Statements and Treasurer’s Report – presented by Susan Busse
- Change to fiscal year-end
- Discussion; motion to approve Treasurer’s Report
- Motion to appoint auditor for 2015-2016
- Other General Business / Questions from floor
- Motion to Adjourn
Reception to follow.