SaskMusic (also known as the Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association) is a member-based, non-profit corporation representing the four components of the music and sound recording industries and community of Saskatchewan:
- Creation: songwriters, lyricists, composers, writers/directors
- Interpretation: musicians, vocalists, arrangers, conductors, producers
- Technical: sound engineers, stage hands, tour support staff, studios, computer technologists
- Administration and Delivery: managers, promoters, lawyers, marketing directors, record labels, music publishers, accountants, retail, media, venues, multi-media, agents, film and video producers, media duplicators, graphic artists, publicists, photographers, distributors
- We envision a future where our music industry is vigorously healthy, progressive, and musically and culturally diverse;
- Where its value and quality is acknowledged with pride at home, and with acclaim beyond our borders;
- And where all benefit from Saskatchewan music.
SaskMusic stimulates growth and development in the Saskatchewan music industry through leadership, promotion, training, advocacy and partnership.
- Saskatchewan’s music industry has enormous creative talent;
- Music industry professionals are entitled to fair and equitable compensation;
- Music is an integral part of Saskatchewan’s cultural identity;
- Saskatchewan’s music industry has the capability to succeed on a global scale;
- The music industry is a major contributor to Saskatchewan’s economic development.