TOM JACKSON'S PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP
- March 30, 2019 - Showtime: 10:00am
with renowned live music producer Tom Jackson (Nashville TN)
Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10am-4pm
The Exchange, 2431 8th Avenue
SaskMusic is pleased to present Tom Jackson in an event designed to help artists take their performance delivery to the next level. This event is for all performers (solo artists, duos, full bands, and even freelance musicians) from across genres. We also encourage artist managers and others who work with artists to attend. Impact your audience and leave them wanting more at the end of your show!
- How to capture and engage your audience
- How to turn your “songs” into “memorable moments”
- The technical skills of movement
- How, when and why to use different places on stage
- How, when and why to change the pressure on your audience
- How to be a compelling, confident performer
- How to conquer smaller stages
A tiny sample of the great feedback from Tom's last session with us:
- "It helped me gain confidence and enhance what I already do while incorporating new ideas." - Megan Nash
- "The sessions were highly informative and gave us specific steps (we) can take to perfect our visual show. We will definitely be applying all that we've learned." - Mabaleka
- "One of the best workshops I've ever been to! I can apply the techniques to every artist I work with, solo or a full band." - Michelle Arnusch, manager
- "It's great to learn something new and change your live performance in a positive way!" - Alex Runions
- "Amazing! Every band/artist should attend this event no matter what level!" - Justin Labrash
- "Tom and his team are knowledgeable, respectful and entertaining! I can't wait for the next workshop they do here." - Kara Golemba
- "A world class event...that will drastically change your career. If you take music seriously, you need to be here." - Eric Taylor
- "Motivating, fun and informative, even for the most seasoned performer! I learned that I can always 'up' my game!" - Annette Campagne
- "In the 9 months since the first time I worked with Tom's team, I performed over 50 shows that were better than all my previous shows. Now after this second chance to work with them, I know my live show will improve again by leaps and bounds" - Cquel
FREE! PLEASE REGISTER HERE
We encourage attendees to bring your own bagged lunch so that we can quickly resume class after lunch break. Coffee, water etc will be provided.
On the registration form, you will also see that we are looking for a volunteer artist for Tom to work directly with to demonstrate different performance concepts. If you're an open-minded artist who has some performance experience and is looking to take constructive criticism, please apply for this spot. We promise you will grow from the experience!
About Tom Jackson
Author of the book Tom Jackson’s Live Music Method and the All Roads Lead to the Stage DVD series, Tom Jackson is uniquely talented and skilled at transforming an artist’s live show into a magical experience for the audience; helping artists at every level create a live show that is engaging and memorable, teaching them to exceed their audiences’ expectations, and to create fans for life.
Tom has taught indie and major artists of every genre. He has worked with Taylor Swift, Le Crae, Magic!, Home Free, The Tenors, Shawn Mendes, The Band Perry, Francesca Battistelli, Jars of Clay and many more. Tom has also brought his innovative, fun, and unique speaking and teaching skills to conferences, colleges, and music events around the world.