Music, Money and Taxes!
- March 7, 2018 - Doors at: 6:30pm / Showtime: 7:00pm
- March 8, 2018 - Doors at: 6:30pm / Showtime: 7:00pm
Regina - Wednesday, March 7, 7-9pm at SaskMusic (Production Studios building), 1831 College Ave. Please park in the side parking lot off Hamilton St., and use the West side entrance doors. Register above.
Webinar - live online Wednesday March 7, 7-9pm. Join us from wherever you are! Register for the webinar
Saskatoon - Thursday, March 8, 7-9pm at The Sheraton (Canadian Room), 612 Spadina Crescent East. The Canadian Room is located on the lower level. Register above.
It’s tax time! SaskMusic is happy to bring back Chartered Accountant, Bill Waynert to present our annual workshop on the subject of taxes as they pertain to artists and creative businesses. We encourage Saskatchewan musicians and music industry professionals, as well as other creative industry professionals, to attend and benefit from this FREE informational session!
Bill Waynert joined the firm Meyers Norris Penny (MNP) in 1997 as a senior manager after working for a small CA firm from 1971 to 1997. In 2002, Waynert was admitted to partnership at MNP and worked as a partner at the firm till 2016 when he retired. Waynert specializes in small business and personal income tax.
We will be providing information to help you prepare your tax return, with topics such as:
- When do I need to file taxes as a musician?
- Do we need to register our band as a business?
- Am I self-employed or an employee?
- Good record keeping practices;
- Business income, and what to do when grants are received;
- Eligible deductions and maximizing potential refunds;
- Business use-of-home and travel;
- GST: when to start collecting and remitting’
- Donating services’
- Audits; and
- Dispelling tax myths.