Queen City Rocks Run-Off
- February 15, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
- February 22, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
- March 2, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
- March 8, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
- March 15, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
- March 29, 2018 - Doors at: 7:00pm / Showtime: 8:00pm
The application window is NOW OPEN for band submissions. Unlike a great many ‘battle of the band’ competitions, Queen City Rocks is set up as to bring exposure to its participants while also bringing the Regina music scene together. Oh yeah, and there’s also no entry fee. In fact, you can EARN cash with your participation.
There will be a total of up to (5) run-off performance weeks. The band scoring the highest total of points during their run-off will instantly win a $500 gift card from Long and McQuade Musical Instruments, and advance to the Grand Finale – Thursday, March 29th, 2018. Five bands perform each night in randomly selected order. Each band receives 20 minutes on the clock and can play a maximum of 1 cover song.
Bands will be awarded points by our adjudication panel based on many categories such as: stagecraft, songcraft, vocal performance, etc. Professionalism does play a factor in the points process as well including social media presence, press kit, logo, and availability of merch all make an impact towards the final score.
Thanks to some fantastic partners who believe in supporting emerging music as much as we do, we have been able to pull together a fantastic prize bundle!