Relics Recording Studio
Mobile: Show phone number
Relics Recording Studio is a Saskatoon home-based recording studio owned and operated by Darcy Clayton.
Darcy has been on the Saskatchewan music scene since the mid nineties and is likely most recognized as the lead singer in Saskatoon based Kashmir, a Led Zeppelin tribute band, established in 1997.
He has played across the better part of Canada with many different bands such as Butterfinger, Idle Thoughts and more. Darcy is a singer first but has usually performed double duty as a singer/bassist, and sometimes drummer.
He currently performs with cover/tribute bands Kashmir, The Hung Jury, Kickstart Louie, Rock Doctor Butterfinger and Waking Up The Neighbours - A Bryan Adams tribute. He is also involved in ongoing original recordings.
Relics Recording Studio boasts a proper live room and a separate control room. It is acoustically treated and outfitted with high end equipment from Apple, Universal Audio, AVID, Focusrite, Neumann, Rode, Shure and more. The studio has 16 inputs and can accommodate a full band live off the floor, solo musicians needing accompaniment or anything in between.
For several years now, Darcy has also been called upon to do session vocal work in other Saskatchewan studios.
Some highlights of Darcy's studio experience (2000 to present):
- backup vocals - Donny Parenteau album “What It Takes” (Audio Art Recording, Saskatoon)
- backup vocals - Jackie Guy album “Right Where I Wanna Be” (Mosaic Music, Prince Albert)
- backup vocals - Various artists album “Honouring Our Veterans” (GlennRoss Studios, Saskatoon)
- backup vocals - Donny Parenteau full album “Bring It On” (Bart McKay Productions, Saskatoon)
- backup vocals - Jackie Guy album “My Red Guitar” (Mosaic Music, Prince Albert)
- backup vocals - Various 1 and 2 song projects (Bart McKay Productions, Saskatoon)
- Lead/backup vocals - Trevor Dieno - CBC contest submission (Bart McKay Productions, Saskatoon)
Darcy channels his 20+ years of experience into each s...Back